Choose a Driving Instructor
How to choose a driving instructor:
We’ve made a handy list of points to consider when choosing someone to help you learn to drive:
- Do they teach in your local area? Near home or college or work whichever is most convenient.
- Is the driving instructor available at times to suit you? Some instructors may not work weekends or evenings.
- Ask your driving instructor to bring their certificate to your first lesson.
- What car do they use and is it fitted with dual controls? It’s always reassuring to know that should you make a mistake, your instructor can help you easily.
- Get recommendations from friends and relatives.
- Look at testimonials on the instructors website or independent reviews websites.
- How much does the driving instructor charge (remember cheapest isn’t always best)?
- How long does the driving lesson last? Do you want hourly lessons or is a 2 hour session preferable?
- Does the driving instructor offer a discount for block bookings?
- What is the driving instructor’s policy if you cancel a driving lesson?
Why choose Anthony for your driving lessons?
Anthony Halliday is a D.S.A approved instructor. In the UK, the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) approves driving instructors. Only DSA Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) or DSA licensed instructors under training can charge you for driving instruction. Anthony is an AA Franchise Driving Instructor. He will make you feel calm and confident while taking driving lessons. It is important to feel comfortable with the driving instructor you choose and when you speak to Anthony he will make you feel immediately at ease.
Anthony not only helps you pass your test but will also improves your confidence when driving
How can I tell if a driving instructor is DSA approved?
The DSA is working on improving the standard of driving instructors and have introduced grades for ADIs. Grade 4 is competent, and Grade 6 indicates a very high standard.
ADIs and DSA licensed driving instructors under training are also now checked to see if they have a criminal record with the CRB.
Qualities expected in a good driving instructor?
Anthony fulfills all the qualities of a great driving instructor.
Your driving instructor should always:
- Make the most of your lesson time
- Be punctual
- Arrive in a clean well-maintained car
- Have a prepared lesson plan based on the DSA Syllabus.
- Make you feel comfortable